Position Title: Senior RF Switch Design Engineer
Position Type: Regular Full-time
Location: Irvine, CA
- Responsible for RF switch circuit architecture, planning, design, simulation, and verification of high-performance RF switches
- Will perform hands-on circuit design, modeling, and verification in either CMOS or SOI process
- Responsible for corner, PVT, and Monte Carlo simulation
- Actively participate in layout, DRC/LVS, and post-layout optimizations
- Will perform electro-magnetic (EM) modeling of circuits and block level and beyond including packaging
- Participate in evaluating, measuring, and debugging silicon until it reaches the production
Required Technical Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Must have thorough knowledge of semiconductor process such as CMOS & SOI
- Demonstrated RF Switch architecture, design and layout experience using SOI
- Solid understanding of SOI fabrication, substrate, device model and how it influence the switch performance
- Strong understanding of theoretical device limit on Insertion loss, Harmonics, power handling, Isolation, and breakdown
- Solid understanding of RF switch control and biasing circuits including negative voltage generation
- Hands-on experience integrating RF switches with PA/LNA
- Must be very proficient with EDA tools – ADS, Momentum, HFSS, Cadence SpectreRF/GoldenGate under PC/Linux/Unix.
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills
- Ability to lead in-depth technical discussions and to present technical features and benefits of our products to the customers
Experience and Education:
- BSEE and 5 years’ of RF Switch design experience required, MSEE preferred.
OctoTech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.