Position Title: Staff RFIC Design Engineer
Position Type: Regular Full-time
Location: Irvine, CA
- Block level design lead for RFIC / MMIC, mmWave frequency planning, VCO, LO generator, frequency multiplier and dividers, up/down converter, Low Noise amplifier, Buffer amplifier, Power amplifier, Filter, Antenna Switches, Bandgap, Circuit reference design.
- Will perform hands-on circuit design, modeling, and verification in either CMOS or SOI or SiGe HBT process. Responsible for corner, PVT, and Monte Carlo simulation. Also participate in layout, DRC/LVS, and post-layout optimizations.
- Will perform electro-magnetic (EM) modeling of circuits and block level and beyond including packaging and PCB.
- As member of RF IC design team, will work with other design engineers to optimize critical performances such as closed loop phase noise, LNA and transceiver chain NF and linearity, power amplifier PAE / ACPR / EVM.
- Participate / lead in evaluating, measuring, and debugging silicon until it reaches high volume production.
Required Technical Skills:
- Must have thorough knowledge of semiconductor process such as CMOS, SOI, BiCMOS, knowledge of III-V technologies is a plus.
- Must have proven design experience in CMOS analog/RFIC blocks above 1GHz.
- Must be proficient with EDA tools – ADS, Momentum, HFSS, AWR, Cadence Spectre/SpectreRF/GoldenGate.
- Direct product development experience (chip level and RF system level) through product definition to mass production is a plus.
- Solid fundamentals on VCO, PLL, high-speed/high-bandwidth op-amp, band-gap, Bias, LDO, prior design experience with PA, LNA, buck-boost converters, filter is a plus.
- SiGe/CMOS mm-Wave IC Design and layout experiences is a definite plus.
Experience and Education:
- MSEE thesis / PhD dissertation on Multi-GHz CMOS /SOI / BiCMOS wireless transceiver circuit blocks or front-end module including integrated antenna are preferred.
- MSEE and 10+ years of industry experience, PhD and 5+ years of experience
- Team player with a solid communication skill
OctoTech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.